Mason Ramsey To Release ‘Famous’ EP, Covering Hank Williams
11-year-old Mason Ramsey aka: “Yodeling Walmart Boy” has come a long way since his impromptu, early-April performance in the middle of a Walmart went viral. Since that day, he has performed at Coachella as a special guest and had his shopping center performance of “Famous” remixed and released courtesy of Big Loud/Atlantic Records.
Mason’s cover version of “Lovesick Blues” at Walmart gave him his claim to yodeling fame, but “Famous” which recently reached No. 4 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart will be accompanied by five other songs as part of a larger EP. Ramsey’s social media handles are @lilhankwilliams, after his idol Hank Williams and the youngster’s aware that he has rather big boots to fill with his renditions of the country giant’s songs “Jambalaya (On the Bayou)” and “I Saw the Light.” But clearly this is just the beginning for Ramsey.
Check out the official Famous EP track list.
1. “Famous” (Tyler Hubbard, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder, Canaan Smith)
2. “Lovesick Blues” (Cliff Friend, Irving Mills)
3. “Jambalaya (On The Bayou)” (Hank Williams)
4. “The Way I See It” (Rodney Clawson, Josh Kear, Corey Crowder)
5. “Yo Da Lady Who” (Anthony Olympia, Bobby Pinson, Brent Rupard)
6. “I Saw The Light” (Hank Williams)