The Knockout Festival in Australia became another story of tragedy after a 19-year-old man died of an overdose while hundreds more were treated for a variety of medical reasons this past weekend.
Being aware and careful with taking any illegal substance has never been more important than it is now, yet some that choose to partake have not paid attention to those who have overdosed or perished. The Sydney-based festival organizers warned attendees about high temperatures during the event via social media and advised dancers to drink plenty of water from its free stations and to take advantage of free water bottles at the bars. With those amenities, there should be no excuse not to be hydrated.
Aside from the drug problems which saw another woman in possession of 400 MDMA pills get arrested, the gathering brought in thousands of fans to watch worldwide hardcore EDM acts such as Psyko Punkz, Headhunterz, Gammer and more. For information on preventing misuse or overdoses, visit DanceSafe.