A key local official says hosting the Woodstock 50th anniversary festival on such short notice “could pose a significant challenge.”

A mass gathering permit application for the Vernon Downs harness track and casino in central New York was recently filed after operators of the original gathering site pulled out last month. The move signals another change in logistics for the event that has been hindered by setback after setback. The new location has said they can host a maximum of 65,000 people, meaning they can accommodate less than half of the originally expected 150,000 attendees.

Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente released a statement Tuesday noting the challenge of preparing for the health and safety of residents and concert goers with the event just over a month away, making the festival sound like a hard act to sell. Overall, the Woodstock anniversary show has faced a series of roadblocks, including the loss of a financial partner, production company and more, though organizers are still working hard to make it happen.

Keep up with the latest trending music news by following us on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.